Thursday, April 2, 2020

"Beauty of Anonymity" Update

Today I'd like to update all of you on how I'm doing with identifying women - all but one of them models - whose pictures I posted here without knowing their names.  By my count, I've posted pictures of eighteen unidentified women and have since identified seven of them.  They are, in order of appearance: Pamela Huntington, Renata Vackova, Katie Easton, Winnie Hollman, Gunilla Bergström, Maria Borges and, most recently, Lisa Crosby.

But I still have eleven women yet to be identified, including the very first unidentified woman I featured, back in September 2010.  She is a model appears in an Erno Laszlo skin care ad from the late 1970s and early 1980s, and her her face, which she washes in the picture, is only partially visible.  Here is the full ad.


I've asked around, and I've narrowed it down to two names.  One is a model named Mia Nygren and the other is a model named Angela Howard, neither of whom I have featured here - unless this is one of them, of course.  Having seen pictures of both of these women, I can honestly say that the woman in the Erno Laszlo ad above could very well be either one of them, but I can't be certain either way.  So I'll hold off on declaring a positive ID for this woman until I can be absolutely sure.

And in the meantime, here are the other ten women I still can't identify.  Please feel free to click on the links below and look at them for yourself - and please leave me a message in the comment section underneath this entry if you can name them. Or, for that matter, the Erno Laszlo woman. :-)

The Beauty of Anonymity: Revlon "Fabu-Laxer" Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Stock Photo Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Clairol Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Exercise Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Buf-Puf Model 

The Beauty of Anonymity: J. Jill catalog model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Unidentified actress in Dewey Stevens commercial

The Beauty of Anonymity: Unidentified Kohl's Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Unidentified Maybelline Model

The Beauty of Anonymity: Unidentified CitiBank model

Back tomorrow with the start of a new A-Z series of new subjects. :-)

No comments: