Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Beauty of Retrospect, Special Post! - Sheila Johnson For Napier

Back in November 2010,  I posted an entry (click here for it) featuring no fewer than ten Napier costume jewelry print ads with the extraordinarily lovely Sheila Johnson.  I have featured other Napier ads - known for their comparative-degree adjective taglines ("Napier is Prettier," et. al.) - with Ms. Johnson as I have found them.  And  I couldn't help but smile when I found this one.  

You see, for those of you who haven't clicked on the link above yet, when I featured those ten Napier ads with Sheila Johnson together in one post, I wrote in that post, "Napier costume jewelry is more of a lot of things, but when Sheila Johnson modeled those bracelets, earrings, and necklaces, Napier was sexier."


Apparently, one copywriter at Napier's ad agency was way ahead of me on that assessment. :-) 

Sheila Johnson was easily the most gorgeous Napier model ever, and this is an ad campaign that included women such as Kelly Emberg, Rosie Vela, and Jane Hitchcock. 

Bill Helburn is the photgrapher that caught this cool expression. :-) 

No comments: