Thursday, December 31, 2020

The Beauty of Dance, Part Eight: WanTing Zhao, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco, CA

For my last post in this series of beautiful dancers, I offer WanTing Zhao, a Chinese dancer who is currently a principal with the San Francisco Ballet and has been since 2018.


Ms. Zhao grew up in Anshan, China, and she began her training in Beijing before moving to Frisco and continuing her dance studies there.  The City By the Bay became her adopted hometown, as she soon joined the city's prestigious ballet company.  Joining as a corps de ballet member in 2011, she was promoted to soloist in 2016 before becoming a principal.

The dances in her repertoire include Criss-CrossDon Quixote, The Fifth Season, Giselle, and Trio, as well as standards such as The Nutcracker and Romeo and Juliet

And with that, I close my eighth "Beauty of Dance" series . . . and the year.  I'll see you on the other side of New Year's Eve.  

No comments: