Monday, November 30, 2020

Judy Dyble (1949-2020)

I need to make a sad announcement here before I get to my eighth series of beautiful dancers . . ..

Back in July 2010, I featured British singer Judy Dyble, the original female vocalist of the British folk-rock group Fairport Convention, on this blog.  I have since learned that Ms. Dyble died of lung cancer at 71 years of age this past summer.  In fact, she died on July 12 - almost ten years to the day after I featured her here (July 13, 2010).   A creepy coincidence, to be sure, but I won't dwell on that.  I only post now to say that I mourn her passing, and while the original post devoted to her, published when she was still alive, will remain, I will not post any more pictures of her going forward, per my rule against featuring deceased women on this blog.

Back soon.

No comments: