Monday, March 28, 2011

Model /actress Maria McDonald

Maria McDonald was a leading model of the 1980s.


She also showed a talent for acting, most notably in the 1989 Denzel Washington movie The Mighty Quinn. That seems appropriate enough, because you'll not see nothing like her! :-D

She has retired from modeling and acting to pursue other endeavors - most notably, the charity group Cover Girls for Change, a group of veteran fashion models who raise money for children's causes.

So do you still think models are vain? :-p

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew Maria while studying at Lee Strasberg Theatre in NYC. She was the most beautiful woman/person/human being I had ever seen. I was not gay but her beauty was breath taking in person and the same without makeup. I would tell her OMG you are so beautiful and she would always say "your beautiful too." She was as beautiful inside as she was outside. IS THAT POSSIBLE - AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I STILL REMEMBER HER BEAUTY AND KINDNESS!!!

Steve said...

Pam: What a sweet comment. I'm pleased to feature it on this blog. :-)

McEsh27 said...

Wow, Maria and her sister Suzi were my Mom's good friends when I was a child. I used to call her Auntie Maria...I thought she was so pretty and wanted to be just like her when I grew up.

Steve said...

Wow, thanks for that story, McEsh! :-)

Unknown said...

Maria is my beautiful cousin! Her entire family is beautiful inside and out.

Steve said...

Wow! Thank you for your input, Lena! :-)

Unknown said...

I just spoke to her since I want to use my marketing skills to help advance her cause. I think she is great

Anonymous said...

You are amazing…still

Greg Evans said...

When l saw Ms. McDonald at the airport when l was flying for Delta, she was gorgeous and very personable!

Steve said...

Greg: Thanks for the comment! :-)