Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Beauty of Retrospect, Anniversary Edition: Fanny Ardant

I promised a picture of the first woman I ever featured on this blog, four years ago. I'm not going to show you a picture of that woman, French actress Fanny Ardant.

I'm going to show you two! :-D


As noted in my original post, Fanny Ardant was discovered by the great movie director Francois Truffaut and was in his last two movies. She's gone on to become a major star in France; her films include Next Summer, Colonel Chabert, and Ridicule, among so many others. Her more recent movies include 8 Women, where she joined actresses such as Catherine Deneuve and Emmanuelle BĂ©art in what amounted to to the French equivalent of an all-star cast.


She also appeared in Sydney Pollack's remake of Sabrina in 1995, and she has done other English-language movies as well. Other Fanny Ardant movies include the trilingual Callas Forever, in which she played opera star Maria Callas.

No comments: