Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Musical actress Janet Dacal

Janet Dacal is an actress who has been active on Broadway and Off Broadway stages since the mid- two-thousand-zeroes.


Originally from Los Angeles, Ms. Dacal debuted on Broadway in the original cast of the Beach Boys musical Good Vibrations, and she later played Alice in Wonderland, the Broadway musical based on the works of Lewis Carroll.

Her Off Broadway credits include Byzantium and the role of Carla in a  2007 production of Lin-Manuel Miranda's In the Heights, which earned here a Drama Desk Award.  She would reprise this role when the musical made the transition to Broadway a year later.

Ms. Dacal, a daughter of Cuban immigrants, says she'd wanted to be performer since before she can remember. "My mom says that when I was four, I would grab a brush and pretend to sing songs into a microphone, " she once admitted.  "I was the little girl of the family, and they loved to see me dance around and make people laugh."

No comments: