Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Model/actress J.J. Kinnersley

J.J. Kinnersley (ahh, don't ask me what either of the Js stand for, I have no idea) is a model from the 1960s and 1970s with aspirations of becoming an actress. 


The former Utah resident  mostly appeared in print work, such as catalog assignments like the one above, though she also did commercials, like from an amusement park in Tampa (from which the picture below is taken).


She hoped that modeling would be a gateway to musical comedies.  Ironically, her best-known work in that field was another commercial.  In a 1975 commercial for Aviance perfume her reputation doing a strip tease in a kitchen while singing about how she looked forward to an evening of romance after a day of being a plain ol' suburban mom.  It was certainly musical, and it appeared to have been unintentionally funny.   Here she is in that long-running Aviance perfume commercial. 
            

Admit it.  You remember this one.

This commercial ran for several years, and while the general public likely saw her as just another commercial actress, the ad did get her noticed among booking agents.  "I was making $60 an hour in print work," she remembered. "My bank account was okay. But people really didn't know me. "They'd say, 'Oh, hello. What have you done?'  I always wanted to do something better than that. I wanted people to know my work."
 
Consider it done, Ms. Kinnersley.  😊

No comments: