Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Beauty of Anonymity: J. Jill catalog model

For my 1,100th subject, I offer this unidentified model from a recent J. Jill catalog. scanned from a copy that appeared in my mother's mail recently.


The online J. Jill catalog available at this writing features a model who looks like she's the same woman featured here, but I'm not sure if they are in fact one and the same person.

Incidentally, not all catalog models are anonymous women with no more than comp cards on fashion archivist Peter Marlowe's model-composite Web site to document their careers.  Several top models, including Nancy Donahue, Anna Anderson, and Alva Chinn, have done catalog work, and I have shown examples of such from their portfolios here.  The modeling profession considers such work to be "bread and butter."  (Beverly Johnson started modeling in Sears catalogs, and you can't get more bread-and-butter than that.)

As always, if you know this model's identity, please identify her in a comment in the field below this blog entry.   

Back soon with a list of the the past year's additions to this blog, then I close out September with looks back at models I've previously featured.

No comments: