Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Beauty of Retrospect: Anne Bezamat, 2016

Attentive readers of this blog should be aware that I go to parties for people in the fashion and modeling business, thanks largely to my involvement in preserving the work of some of the most prestigious models of my time on this blog.   It was at such a party in May 2016 that I met one particular model I'd wanted to meet for ages - France's Anne Bezamat, who currently lives in New York.

As I explained in an essay published on my regular blog,  Anne Bezamat, though not as big a household name in the 1980s as models such as Kim Alexis or Carol Alt, was a woman I found so incredibly gorgeous that, while trying to write poetry in college,  I gazed at her picture and finished a romantic poem I'd been unable to complete.  So, you could say that, for that one moment, she was my muse.

She's a very sweet and exuberant woman, and that should be obvious beyond a doubt in this candid photo of her which . . . I took with my digital camera. 


See what I mean? :-D :-)

I mentioned in an earlier post devoted to Anne Bezamat that she became a jewelry designer after she left modeling.  Sadly, she no longer designs jewelry.  She does, however, interview cultural figures for a television show that airs outside the U.S.  

Here's a brief reel of her TV work from her YouTube page. :-)

 

No comments: