Friday, February 28, 2014

One Million Pageviews!

Yesterday, February 27, 2014, the number of views of this blog surpassed the one-million mark.  My humble little blog, which began with absolutely no fanfare in September 2006, has officially hit the big time. :-)
  
To give you a better idea of just how significant that is for me, my regular blog, Miscellaneous Musings, in which I mouth off about anything that's on my mind, has been around since September 2002 and has gotten only a little more than 50,000 pageviews, which means that it's been getting one view for approximately every twenty views my beautiful women picture blog gets.  And, if you do the math, my regular blog has only gotten about 370 pageviews a month for 137 months so far, compared to 11,236 pageviews a month for 89 months for this blog!

So how do I intend to celebrate this blog's one millionth pageview?  Simple - I'm going to keep posting on it.  I have a new A-Z round starting tomorrow for March and April, with plenty of interesting women to be honored.  I already have the posts done as drafts on Blogger.com; I just need to publish them at the appointed times.  When this new round is done, I'll have posted - wait for it - pictures of eight hundred different women, proving that while beauty may only be skin deep, it's certainly widespread.  After that, I hope to take a break from two-month-long A-Z rounds.  For May, I hope to do another special month devoted to female athletes - the recently completed Winter Olympics have given me ideas, and there are several female non-winter athletes I hope to include - and then I'll probably devote the entirety of June to new pictures of previously featured women . . . i.e., retrospectives.  That it will be back to A-Z rounds for the start of the second half of the year, another all-retrospective month, and, in December, my fifth month-long edition of beautiful dancers.  (Every December, every even-numbered year. :-) )      

So be sure to check back me tomorrow as I come in like a lion for March with my 777th subject.  Thanks for all of your support. :-)  

No comments: