Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

And so I begin another year of beautiful women to show you.  In fact, I have already found several subjects to feature for the first time in 2014, and I happen to have no fewer than pictures of 41 different subjects on tap.  However, thanks to a program which allows me to store pictures onto CDs that keeps malfunctioning and my increasing paranoia over storing data on my hard drive - because hard drives have a tendency to crash too often - I've been saving them on my Blogger.com account as drafts for this blog, and I have a mess of them - many of which are all typed up and ready go well into the new year.  I find it easier to look for subjects and photos in advance rather than looking as I go, but that means having to scroll down a lot just to get to the next entry ready for publication - a small price to pay for peace of mind. 

As for the women I'll be honoring . . . I'll still be honoring actresses and models, along with, hopefully, more athletes, but I'll have to be more careful when it comes to honoring newswomen.  Some of them have a corporate bias in their reporting, and  not just the ones on Fox News.  A few newswomen from other outlets have been called out for their flawed reporting, and a few of them have even shown blatant personal political biases that jibe with neither the facts nor my own political beliefs.  And business reporters are always tricky, because even the best, least biased, most professional business reporters, male of female, are still . . . business reporters.  Business reporters are more concerned with Wall Street than Main Street, and while a few of them have done a bit of cheerleading for the markets - only to be called on it by progressive media watchdogs - most of them simply report on high finance.   The bottom line is that some TV newswomen don't deserve to be included here because of their more unsavory biases, just as some actresses don't belong here because they can't act.     

And a certain "newswoman" on Fox News who wasted our time with discussions on Santa Claus's race will never be included here.  She wouldn't have been included here even if she hadn't opined on Santa's skin color.  Why?  Perhaps you weren't paying attention - she's on Fox News! 

But enough of my yakking.  A new round of beautiful women is coming.  Have a happy and beautiful new year! :-)

No comments: