Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Beauty of (Partial) Anonymity: The Obamacare Web Site Girl

Recognize this lady? Of course you do - she was the face of the original Healthcare.gov Web site in the United States before the government decided to take it down once the site proved to be a monumental flop. The Health and Human Services Department apparently decided to remove the picture of "Obamacare Girl" as if to suggest a fresh start over.  But, umm, it didn't quite work out like that.


Anyway . . .   The Obamacare Girl went unidentified for weeks until she spoke with ABC-TV.  Her first name is Adriana, and she's a Colombian national with legal resident status in the U.S., as well as a mom. That's all she's willing to tell anyone, as she'd like to keep her life private. Who could blame her?  But, I don't hold a grudge against her for being the face of Obamacare, even though even I am fed up with how the health care law has worked out, and I think she's attractive enough to feature here.

I wanted to include Adriana on my blog, because I wanted her to be on a site that is guaranteed to work!  And, you can access it without a password. :-)   

No comments: