Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 2013: Onward

Having gotten all of the end-of-month retrospectives - posts honoring women I've already featured before - out of my way, I'm preparing for September and October another A-Z series of new subjects, one of which will, by chance, coincide with a big event the woman in question is connected to.  You'll find out who it is and what that event is soon enough.  Any time left at the end of October will feature more retrospectives.

Looking ahead, I may decide to have a truncated A-Z round for November, leaving December entirely to retrospectives.  The reasons for this are threefold. First, I'm way ahead of myself in posting entries devoted to new subjects; though I've aimed to posted a hundred new subjects a year, I'll have actually gone beyond that for this blog's seventh year as it draws to a close toward the end of September. Secondly, it's become harder to come up with women I haven't featured yet, so I need more time for that.  Thirdly, I have on file for retrospectives so many pictures of women I've already featured, I want to get them out of the way.  Not necessarily to clear them out of my hard drive, mind you; most of them in fact are pictures I've saved on a disc, and I intended to erase each picture from said disc as soon as it was on my blog.  Oops! Anything saved on discs can't be erased individually; you either keep everything or nothing.  And the truth is, I don't like keeping so many of these pictures on file, be it on disc or on my hard drive.  That's why I have this blog.

Back soon with my 727th subject. :-)      

No comments: