Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Beauty of Retrospect, May Model Edition: Nancy Dutiel, In Lavender

I thought I was done. I thought I had found every picture of Nancy Dutiel from her stint as Lancôme's U.S. spokesmodel that possibly existed. But I found yet another one. I may yet find more. :-)


For those who forgot . . . Nancy Dutiel was the Lancôme model for the American market from 1977 to 1982, and she was replaced by Isabella Rossellini - possibly the last person you want replacing you, as a woman like Isabella Rossellini almost makes people forget anyone else. But I, for one, never forgot Nancy Dutiel.

And how can you forget someone who looks so beautiful in this lavender outfit?

Note that the copy from the original  Lancôme ad is in this picture.  Yeah, sorry about that . . . I didn't think I could crop it out this time.  I was afraid the resulting image wouldn't look so good, what with the fact that I would have had to crop out her shoulders, torso, and neck but still have her hands.      

No comments: