Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston: 1963-2012

It is with great sadness that I report tonight the death of Whitney Houston, whom I've featured on this blog.  She is the second person I have featured on this blog while still alive who has since died.  (Groundbreaking model Naomi Sims, who died in 2009, was the first.)

I know that Whitney Houston, who was born and raised in Essex County, New Jersey, was dealing with drug abuse, but I had every reason to believe she was finally on the mend.  She was both acting in and producing a remake of the 1976 movie Sparkle.  And when I last featured her on Christmas Day of last year, I wrote this:

"Whitney Houston continues to try to get her performing career back on track after years of derailings caused by her personal destructive behavior. Never mind that - let's hope for happier times for her in the future."

Sadly, happier times are not to be.  A tremendous vocal talent has been lost forever. R.I.P.

In keeping with the established practice of my blog, I will keep the pictures of Whitney Houston that I already posted here.  I will not, however, post any more pictures of her going forward.

I'll be back on Monday with a new pictorial post.   

No comments: