Saturday, August 6, 2011

Karen Graham Week, Mark Two!

In February 2010 I revisited Estée Lauder spokesmodel Karen Graham, a favorite topic of mine here, for a week by posting some pictures of her that were taken by Victor Skrebnseki for the Lauder campaign. Now, once again, I'm revisiting the iconic model by posting another week's worth of pictures!

This time, there's a twist. None of these pictures are from Estée Lauder ads, and none of them are Skrebneski photographs. These are pictures are from fashion editorials that appeared in editions of Vogue in the early seventies. They were taken by some very recognizable names - Richard Avedon, Irving Penn, et. al. - and they depict a woman somewhat different from the one you saw in Lauder ads. You might say that these photos depict Karen Graham, model, before she became Karen Graham, legend. :-)

So, eh, where did a heterosexual male like myself find these Vogue pictures? Let's just say I have my sources! ;-)

I start offering them here tomorrow.

No comments: