Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Philadelphia TV news anchor Beverly Williams

Beverly Williams is a legend in Philadelphia broadcast journalism.


She anchored the news from KYW-TV, then an NBC affiliate, from 1975 to 1981, and again from 1989 to 2003. (KYW-TV became a CBS affiliate in 1995.) She was the first black woman to anchor a newscast in the Philadelphia market.

She also anchored the news at WTNH-TV in New Haven, Connecticut, and hosted the KYW-TV talk show "Eye On Philadelphia" from 2003 to 2006.


Beverly Williams left KYW-TV in September 2006, but she said she hoped to remain active in television news.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

still as pretty as I remember. great job And much love.....felton williams

Steve said...

Thanks! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Steve! Ms. Beverly is an old friend from Portland,Oregon and I've been looking for her and her daughter,Amani...if u could direct me on HOW to reconnect with them. Please contact me with Ms.Beverly's info or pass mine along. Thank you
FB: tania dean-artis

akiel williams said...

That's my aunt ,my father was her younger brother Bruce Williams

Steve said...

Wow, Akiel Williams, I'm so glad you found this post! I'm happy to hear from you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks steve