Sunday, January 1, 2017

Carrie Fisher: 1956-2016

Before I begin a new round of posts in this new year of 2017, it is with deep sorrow that I note the passing of actress Carrie Fisher, whom I featured twice on this blog: once in August 2009 and again in November 2014.  Ms. Fisher was best known, of course, as Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy and the first movie of the current trilogy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but she was also known for other roles in the movies, and she was also a writer, having just put out a memoir, "The Princess Diarist."

And as if her death from a heart attack at the age of sixty weren't bad enough, her mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, died of a stoke at 84 years of age the day after. :-(

My posts of Carrie Fisher are going to stay remain on this blog, of course, as she was still alive when I posted them, but since I do not post pictures of women whom I know are deceased, I will not be posting any more pictures of Ms. Fisher going forward. R.I.P. :-(

I'll be back tomorrow to start a month's worth of retrospectives. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll always remember her in 'Blues Brothers' as John Belushi's ex-fiance (that he stood up at the alter) who's bent on revenge. She did a great job of playing a crazed woman out for revenge.