Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 2014: The Latest Numbers

I have, as of this midway point in 2014, posted pictures of 816 different women, the last sixteen subjects having been the honorees in my third series devoted to athletes.

As for the top ten posts . . .  well, there hasn't been any change there.  The ten most popular posts as of this writing are the same as they were in April 2014, so I won't waste my time featuring a table of statistics.  The raw numbers - the sheer amount of pageviews these posts have gotten - have mostly remained static, anyway.  To see who's in the top ten, I invite you to look again at  the most recent statistical table from April 23 of this year.  Just click here.  

I do however, have one interesting statistic to share with you.  I noted that my initial post of Italian fashion model Alda Balestra was easily my most popular post of late, with a post of AccuWeather.com personality Stef Davis behind it.  Now Stef Davis is at 408 pageviews - far ahead of the 282 views for my first post of Alda Baelstra.  How do  I explain that?  I don't.  Although Stef Davis is an obscure fiugure, she's proven to be more popular than any of the women I've posted any pictures of for the first time in 2014.

So, you might be wondering, where do the people who visit this blog come from?  A lot of places, it turns out, as measured by Blogger.com.  Below is a list of  pageviews by countries, showing the ten nations from which I get the most traffic.  You can click on it to see it better.


As you can see, most of the viewers are American, but there are a lot of British viewers as well, along with sizable numbers from other industrialized countries.  Brazil is the only so-called "developing" country here, and, lo and behold, there's Poland right behind it.  I don't think it's an accident that the women I've featured here are from most of these countries . . . in fact, Poland is the only country here that I haven't featured anyone from (unless you count Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, a Polish ethnic).  I'll have to remedy that. Paradoxically,  I have featured women from the Scandinavian and Baltic countries, but none of them are on this list.        

Right.  I'll be back shortly with a new A-Z round and my 817th woman.  Stay tuned. :-) 

No comments: