Saturday, March 3, 2007

New Series: The Beauty of Sport!

This new alphabetical series will be devoted to female athletes, most of whom achieved fame as a result of Title IX, the clause from the 1972 education law that mandates equal facilities in scholastic and intercollegiate sports.

Let me just add that while I support the principle of Title IX, I am intellectually opposed to the value placed on school varsity sports in general and intercollegiate sports in particular. High schools, colleges, and universities are for knowledge and the development of critical thinking, not running, jumping, and playing ball. But if the result is a cornucopia of feminine beauty, who am I to argue? :-D

And if you think female athletes can't be physically attractive, I say you're all wet. So obviously, to prove my point, I'm starting with a swimmer! :-D

No comments: