Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Beauty of Retrospect, Olympics Edition: Wrap-Up

I'm done with my look back at female Olympic athletes I've previously featured, but, as I indicated at the start of the month,  two of the women I looked back on this past month were to compete at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro - Jessica Ennis-Hill (as she's now known) and Allyson Felix - and I featured them this time around before I could have known how they'd fare at the Rio Games.

So how did they do?  Well, not too badly. Britain's Jessica Ennis-Hill, the defending Olympic heptathlon champion from 2012, won the silver medal in that event this time, losing the gold medal to Nafissatou Thiam of Belgium.  Meanwhile, American track star Allyson Felix won the silver medal in the women's 400-meter race but took gold as part of two relay teams - the women's 4x100-meter team and the women's 4x400-meter team, to be precise.

Oh yeah, Allyson Felix is now the most decorated American woman in Olympic track and field. :-) 

And with that,  I declare this look back at female Olympians from earlier blog posts to be . . . closed.

But don't think you've seen the last of Janet Evans here. ;-)  

No comments: