Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year and New Numbers

As of today, New Year's Day 2015, I have posted pictures of 871 different women on this blog.  Obviously, I am way ahead of myself.  

That said, I'm going to try to slow things down a bit for 2015.  If I add too many new subjects at once, it may seem like overkill, and I don't want to entertain that possibility.  I will, though, be repeating women I have featured here before - the so-called "retrospectives" - and I may devote a whole week to a retrospective of one woman, which I have done before.  But I won't devote a month to a retrospective of one woman; that would really be overkill. 

In the meantime, here are my latest statistics showing the ten most popular posts on my blog.  Feel free to click on the image below to enlarge it.


The top seven posts haven't changed; those entries are in the same places as before.  Numbers eight, nine and ten have changed considerably, thanks to the rapid rise of a post that hadn't been on this chart back at the end of October 2014.   Model/photographer Barbara Minty and TV reporter Atia Abawi have dropped from numbers eight and nine to nine and ten, respectively, and British actress Lesley-Anne Down is out entirely, returning the top ten list to a condition in which not one actress primarily known for movies appears on it.  (The actresses represented here are best known for their TV work.)  Coming out of nowhere, and taking a place at number eight, is my March 2014 post of on-camera meteorologist Stef Davis of AccuWeather.com, coming in her at 2,430 views.

A lot of people have clearly demonstrated that they like Stef Davis, despite the fact that the weather service she labors for is known for only partially accurate forecasts and entirely flippant attitudes toward severe-weather reports.  I have thus demonstrated with equal clarity that I was unaware of how popular she is; I posted that entry with scant information available about her, thinking that she was a minor figure and that the entry wouldn't get much attention.

So yes, Stef Davis is popular.  And given the volatility of the weather that's expected this winter, she could become even more popular - both here and at AccuWeather.com. 

So who else could be entering the top ten soon?  Well, my original post of another Davis, model Kathy Davis (whose association with yours truly you already know about), from May 2011, is only a few hundred views away from making the list, and my post of legendary Philadelphia TV news anchor Beverly Williams, who retired from broadcasting in 2006, is showing surprising strength.  And I have no idea why . . . all I can say is that I have no idea what became of her.

All right, then . . . it's a new year, and I have some new pictures.  Check back here this weekend, I plan to have something up as early as Saturday (January 3).  Happy new year, everyone.      

No comments: