Wednesday, August 13, 2014

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

It is with great regret that I acknowledge the death of actress Lauren Bacall, an earlier subject on this blog, at the age of 89.  She was a great actress and an intelligent, well-rounded human being, and my my post of Ms. Bacall on this blog celebrating her beauty, life, and work hopelessly attempted to make clear.  But then, I don't think I could have done justice to her life and legacy any better than I did.

My entry honoring of Lauren Bacall, having been posted in January 2010 when she was very much alive, will remain on this blog, but, in accordance with my rules that I don't feature here women whom I know are deceased, I will not post any more pictures of Lauren Bacall going forward.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the privilege of meeting Ms. Bacall briefly at the Russian Tea Room in Manhattan in 2002.
She was a very pleasant and polite person.